- Use good quality materials. The quality of the materials you use play a key role in the quality of the galvanized goods.
- Avoid high reactive steels and weld material. These have elevated levels of phosphorous or silicon.
- Avoid pipe that has lacquer or varnish finishes from the manufacturer these will require shot blasting.
- Remove all welding flux prior to delivery to our facility. These residues will result in bare spots.
- Avoid mixing old rusty material with new; this may result in over-
pickling and pitting of the new material.
- Fully shot blast all cast or malleable iron and painted steelwork.
- Drill adequate drainage and ventilation holes (12 mm) to allow free flow of air and zinc.
- Be cautious of tight moving assemblies such as hinges or sliding assemblies. These may freeze together during